YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
a few of my favorite things
GETTING READY FOR A BOUDOIR SHOOT
Last night, I was listening to A Few of My Favorite things – yes the song from The Sound of Music. The list of things that the character Maria loves – things that she clings to when she is feeling bad. It’s a rather random and Austrian specific list – but it’s hers and those are thing things she cherishes.
We are all sensual beings thought the prospect of doing a boudoir shoot might make it hard to get in that mindset. Camera anxiety is a thing. Here are a few of my favorite things that you can do before your boudoir shoot help you check out of your head and into your body.
Part of this experience is hold space for you to be fully IN your body – and enjoy yourself. So often we live in our own heads. It’s time to prioritize you! Were you waiting for permission to indulge in radical acts of self-love? It’s been granted.
HOW TO GET READY FOR A BOUDOIR SHOOT
1. Let’s begin by naming the things about your body and your life that make you happy. Express gratitude toward them. Hold that gratitude.
2. Take a deep breathe. Now. Right now. And again when you need it. Full and complete breath. Close your eyes if you want to. Fill your body with each breathe and exhale any anxieties.
3. Be your own witness. Note your thoughts, your feelings and your emotions. What you bring to the table is important. It is valuable. And if you feel like laughing – laugh.
4. Tune into your senses. Slow down and notice sounds, tastes, smells, touch and visuals around you. Paying attention to your senses and what they are experience will renew and strengthen your sensual side. Give yourself permission to experience pleasure in any of its forms.
5. Take some time to touch and cherish your skin. Exfoliate and moisturize your body. Think of it as your own daily massage. In or after the shower, begin a ritual of honoring and expressing gratitude toward both your physical body and your joyful spirit. Add in your own affirmations if you want to. This is a slow meditation of feeling yourself. And if you need inspiration – this is one of my favorite videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6gbqugDx9E
6. Give yourself permission to slow down and take pleasure in all of the above.
And now that you are fully embodied . . . you can have fun!
So what are your favorite things? How do you breathe into and fully get into pleasure in your body?